Visit the Caribbean – Pick an Island
Visit the Caribbean – Three Sections
The Caribbean is probably the most popular tourist destination in the world from November to April because of its weather. It is divided into three sections:
- Western Caribbean – covers the Riviera Maya of Mexico, Belize, Honduras, Jamaica and the Cayman Islands.
- Eastern Caribbean – covers the majority of the Caribbean following a broad south-easterly arc from the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico.
- Southern Caribbean – a smaller group of islands closer to South America, including the ABCs (Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao).
Best Time to Visit the Caribbean
- High Season: December to mid April, especially Christmas, New Year’s and Spring Break, which is expanding now to cover most of February. There is also significant interest in the summer months of July and August.
- Low Season: Late April – May; September – November
- Hurricane Season: June – November but less likely to impact the Southern Caribbean. What’s the weather currently like in the Caribbean? Check the National Hurricane Center.
Cruise Tracker – Find the current location of a cruise ship anywhere in the world at Cruise Ship Tracker.