Punta Cana Beach
Visit the Dominican Republic – Santo Domingo
- Visit the Old Town (Zona Colonial) – Walk the pedestrian El Conde Street. See the cathedral and the Royal Houses Museum.
- Cross the river from Old Town to Columbus Square and the Columbus Lighthouse
- Los Tres Ojos – The 3 Eyes National Park, limestone cave
- Acuario Nacional – The Aquarium
- Jardín Botánico – Botanical Garden
- Plaza de la Cultura and the museum district
Pool, Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana
Dominican Republic Weather
The Dominican Republic weather is typical for the Caribbean. Most travelers visit during the winter and spring. The Dominican Republic is in the main belt for hurricanes, so June – October are risky months to plan a visit.
Dominican Republic – Transportation
Punta Cana International Airport is the main entry point to visit the Dominican Republic. The airport is within minutes of some of the beach resorts. The second largest airport is in Santo Domingo. The Dominican Republic is a very large island. Allow 6 hours if you plan to drive from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata.
Carnival Cruises opened their cruise terminal at Amber Cove near Puerto Plata in 2015. The terminal has pools and water slides. There’s beach front nearby. So, cruisers can spend their day in port at the cove. Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Costa and P&O stop at Amber Cove. This cruise port has overtaken Punta Cana in popularity.
Visit the Dominican Republic – Hotels