Marriott Renaissance Ocean Suites, Oranjestad
Visit Aruba – Tour the Island
Catch an open air bus tour of the island at the cruise dock. De Palm Tours arranges most of the large bus tours of the island. Or, book a 4×4 excursion around the island. Read our Aruba 4×4 Adventure blog too. Sights you’ll see include:
- The collapsed Natural Bridge and Baby Bridge – the Natural Bridge collapsed in 2005.
- Ayo Rock and the Casibari rock formations
- Baby Beach – a popular beach in a protected lagoon at the south end of the island.
- The Natural Pool (Cura di Tortuga)
- California Lighthouse – built in 1910 and named after the SS California, which sank off the coast of Aruba around the same time as the Titanic.
- Chapel of Alto Vista
- Arikok National Park – wild donkeys and iguanas; See some divi-divi trees.
- Quadirikiri and Fontein Caves
- Bushiribana Gold Mine Ruins
Northwest Shore, Aruba
Aruba has weather with temperatures that are almost the same all year long. October through December is the rainy season. Aruba is too far south to get caught up in Caribbean hurricanes. March is probably the best time to visit Aruba for good weather.
Visit Aruba – Transportation
Queen Beatrix International Airport has some of the best non stop connections in the Caribbean. There are many cities in the United States that have direct flights. Plus you can easily get there from Canada and Europe. The airport is almost downtown in the capital city of Oranjestad. The cruise terminal is in the heart of Oranjestad too.