Dunn’s River Falls, Ocho Rios
Visit Jamaica – More Sights
- Green Grotto Caves – caverns and a subterranean lake.
- Doctors Cave Beach
- Great River – jungle rafting, tubing and kayaking. Try Chukka Tours.
- 7 Mile Beach – the nicest beach on Jamaica and, since its on the western coast, it has great sunsets.
- Watch the sunset and the cliff divers from Rick’s Cafe.
Ocho Rios from Mystic Mountain
Visit Jamaica – Hotels
- Villa Rialto @ The Palms – Ocho Rios
- Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort & Spa – Ocho Rios
- Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort & Spa – Runaway Bay
- Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay All Inclusive
- The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel – Kingston
Jamaica experiences typical Caribbean weather. The dry season extends from November to April, while the rest of the year is subject to heavier rainfall. Winter has average highs that are about85 F (30 C) and average lows at comfortable room temperates. Summers are only a couple of degrees warmer than winter. Jamaica is often directly in the path of the Caribbean hurricane season in the fall. The fabulous beaches and warm temperatures are what attract tourists.
Visit Jamaica – Transportation
Montego Bay is the common entry point by air. The cruise industry makes regular stops to Jamaica at Falmouth and Ocho Rios. Cruises to Jamaica are usually part of Western Caribbean itineraries.