Kathryn, Jump Here
Visit Puerto Natales – Prepare for Trekking
Most people visit Puerto Natales to prepare for Hiking Torres del Paine, so there are lots of tourist facilities. Rent sleeping bags, tents, walking sticks, water proof jackets & pants and waterproof duffel bags. Leave your suitcase at a hotel in storage and retrieve your non-trekking belongings after your excursion to the Towers. Erratic Rock – offers daily information sessions on travel to Torres del Paine.
Main Square, Plaza
Visit Puerto Natales – In Town
After you get ready for Trekking Torres del Paine, do the following things in Puerto Natales.
- See the Plaza de Armas and the Cathedral (Parroquia Maria Auxiliadora).
- See the black-necked swans raising their young in summer (January) at the oceanfront.
- Visit the museums – Museo Historico Municipal and Museo Salesiano
- Eat downtown at Cafe Kalkien or Mesita Grande
Hotel Capitan Eberhard View
Visit Puerto Natales – Hotel Recommendations
As a staging area for Torres del Paine hikers, there are many hotels and hostels in Puerto Natales. Most lodging includes breakfast.
- Hotel Capitán Eberhard – low cost accommodation with nice views and breakfast included.
- Weskar Lodge – nice views and a higher end hotel with breakfast included.