Canada Place Cruise Ships, © Can Stock / Josefhanus
Visit Vancouver – Join a Tour
The attractions when you visit Vancouver are quite spread out, so you will do better to rent a car or join a tour to see the sights. Westcoast Sightseeing offers Hop-On Hop-Off Busses and narrated trolleys that visit all the downtown attractions, including Canada Place, Stanley Park, Yaletown, Granville Island and Chinatown.
Canada Place has distinctive “white sails” architecture on the waterfront and is home to the cruise ship terminal.
Stanley Park has 1,000 acres downtown on the waterfront. Stanley Park includes a zoo, the Vancouver Aquarium, a petting zoo, a children’s train and a waterfront path for walking, jogging, biking and roller blading.
Granville Island is a very popular 37 acre island next to the downtown core. Granville Island has a well known public market, craft shops, galleries, a theater and restaurants.
Burrard St Bridge, © Can Stock / Rigucci
Chinatown is third largest in North America. In China town, visit the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden, the Sam Kee Building (world’s narrowest commercial building) and the Chinese Cultural Centre.
Yaletown used to be a warehouse district, but it has become a trendy modern area with high rise condos along the water. Yaletown has lots of restaurants and bars for busy people to spend their time after work.
Visit Vancouver – More Downtown Sights
- Robson St – Stroll the street where everyone accumulates in the downtown core. Shops stay open late into the evening every day to accommodate the crowds.
- Gastown – cobble stone lanes and the world’s first steam clock still operates.
- Vancouver Lookout – 360 degree views of the city from this downtown tower. Have dinner in the revolving restaurant.
- Kitsilano Beach – a great beach on English Bay with shops and restaurants nearby. Enjoy views of the city and the freighters waiting to enter the port.
- Punjabi Market – five blocks located at Main and East 49th.
North Vancouver Snowfall, © Can Stock / GrahamT
Visit Vancouver – Hotels
- Pan Pacific Vancouver
- Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre Broadway
- Coast Coal Harbour