Holland America Line – Ships & Destinations
Holland America Fleet of mid-sized ships is geared to the upper end of the popular cruise ship market. Most ships range in size from 1,300 to 2,200 passengers. Recently the Holland America Line started to build newer ships again. The Koningsdam is their largest ship, with 2,650 guests. The Prinsendam is their smallest ship, with 835 passengers.
Holland America Line covers the globe, but the Caribbean is a central focus. In summer, they offer cruises to Alaska combined with land based rail tours to Denali. Summer also sees a repositioning of several ships to Europe. They typically have one ship in Asia and one in Australia. The Prinsendam usually circles the globe on Grand Voyages.
Holland America Line – Guest Profile
- couples and small groups
- focus on guest interest, excellence and tradition
- 43% of passengers have sailed on Holland America before
- children’s programs for families
Holland America Line – Staterooms
The Pinnacle and Neptune Suites are top of the line accommodation. Holland America also offers Signature, Vista and Spa Suites. Staterooms are available in Verandah, Lanai, Ocean-view and Inside cabins. Lanai Staterooms are accessed directly from the public Promenade Deck.
Holland America Line – Included Dining
- Main Dining Room – two-story open tiered seating in most Holland America ships.
- Lido Market – buffet
- Dive In – burger grill at the pool
- New York Pizza – poolside
- Explorations Café – free pastries, but charge for specialty coffee.
Fee Based Specialty Dining
- Pinnacle Grill sets the standard for specialty dining.vice.
- Canaletto – Italian
- Tamarind Restaurant – Asian
- Sel de Mer – French
- Dinner at the Culinary Arts Center – American
- Grand Dutch Cafe
Pinnacle & Neptune Suite Amenities
- Exclusive access to the Neptune Lounge and personal concierge service
- Priority embarkation with sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge
- Cocktail party with ship’s officers
- Corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night
- Pre-dinner hors d’oeuvres served in suite
- Exclusive full breakfast service and tea service in suite daily
- Priority boarding for tendered ports of call
- Special disembarkation service
- Laundry, pressing and dry cleaning
Amenities Included for All Guests
- Meals at the Main Dining Room, Lido buffet and poolside grill
- Regular coffee and juices
- Afternoon Tea Service
- 24-hour in-room dining
- Ice cream
- Pools & Jacuzzis
- Children’s Programs – for kids 3 – 17
Holland America Line – Amenities Not Included
- Airfare and airport transfers
- Shore excursions
- Specialty Dining
- Tips & Gratuities
- Beverage Packages for sodas, specialty coffee and alcoholic beverages
- Greenhouse Spa and Salon Services
- Internet & wi-fi
- Laundry for most staterooms. Self-serve laundry on some ships.
Holland America Line – Policies
Tips & Gratuities – Established rates are applied to final billings, but can be adjusted at your discretion. A gratuity is automatically charged for alcoholic drinks at the time of purchase.
HAL Cancellation Policies
Singles – The Prinsendam has one single inside and two single ocean view staterooms.