Holland America Line – Ships & Destinations
Holland America Fleet of mid-sized ships is geared to the upper end of the popular cruise ship market. Most ships range in size from 1,300 to 2,200 passengers. Recently the Holland America Line started to build newer ships again. The Rotterdam is their largest ship, with 2,668 guests. The Volendam and Zaandam are their smallest ships, with 1,432 passengers.
Holland America Line covers the globe, but the Caribbean is a central focus. In summer, they offer cruises to Alaska combined with land based rail tours to Denali. Summer also sees a repositioning of several ships to Europe.
Main Dining Room
Holland America Line – Guest Profile
- couples and small groups
- focus on guest interest, excellence and tradition
- 43% of passengers have sailed on Holland America before
- children’s programs, but Holland America doesn’t concentrate on the family market
Holland America Line – Staterooms
The Pinnacle and Neptune Suites are top of the line accommodation. Holland America also offers Signature, Vista and Spa Suites. Staterooms are available in Verandah, Lanai, Ocean-view and Inside cabins. Lanai Staterooms are accessed directly from the public Promenade Deck.
Main Dining Room
Holland America Line – Included Dining
- Main Dining Room – two-story open tiered seating in most Holland America ships.
- Lido Market – buffet
- Dive In – burger grill at the pool
- New York Pizza – poolside
- Explorations Café – free pastries, but charge for specialty coffee.
Fee Based Specialty Dining
- Pinnacle Grill sets the standard for specialty dining.vice.
- Canaletto – Italian
- Tamarind Restaurant – Asian
- Sel de Mer – French
- Dinner at the Culinary Arts Center – American
- Grand Dutch Cafe