Cunard Line – Passenger Class
Cunard Line continues the tradition of luxury cruising by passenger class. “First Class” is a term with meaning on the Cunard line. Passengers are segregated by Queens Grill Suites, Princess Grill Suites, Britannia Club and Britannia Staterooms. Each class has private lounges, sun deck areas and separate dining rooms. The menus are nearly identical between classes, but with a few subtle differences. Cunard is one of the few cruise lines with staterooms for singles.
Cunard Line – Ships & Destinations
There are 3 ships in the Cunard fleet: the Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mary 2 and the the Queen Victoria. These ships travel the globe, so you will need to plan far in advance if you have specific destinations in mind. Extended days at sea are common. The Transatlantic crossing has become a trademark of Cunard Line luxury cruises.
Cunard Line – Guest Profile
- Guests looking for the ultimate in luxury cruising and dining.
- People who like days at sea.
- Travelers who like exclusive shore excursion opportunites
Cunard Line – Amenities Included
- Luxury all-inclusive dining
- 24-Hour Room Service
- Afternoon Tea
- Children’s Programme for kids aged 2 – 17
- Night Nursery for children as young as 6 months old
- Gentleman Dance Hosts
- Self-serve laundry
Cunard Line – Amenities Not Included
- Airfare, Airport Transfers
- Beverages – cocktails, beer, wine, soda, coffee.
- Laundry Services.
- Shore Excursions.
- Span and Salon Services.
- Dog and Cat Kennels
Grill Suite Amenities
- Butler service (Queens Grill Suites)
- Embarkation welcome – champagne and chocolates
- Mini bar with bottled wine or spirits and soft drinks (Queens Grill Suites)
- Pre-dinner canapes (Queens Grill Suites)
- Pillow concierge offering 9 different pillow choices
- Bathroom (with bath and shower)
- Personalised stationery
- Exclusive access to the Courtyard, Grills Lounge and Grills Terrace
- Priority embarkation and disembarkation (Queens Grills Suites)
- Priority tender services (Q1-Q4 Queens Grill Suites).
Cunard – All Inclusive Dining
Dining rooms are segregated by stateroom category – Queen’s Grill, Princess Grill, Britannia Club and Britannia. Expect a several formal nights with tuxedos. You can also opt for the following included dining options.
Queen Mary 2 — Boardwalk Cafe, Carinthia Lounge, Golden Lion, Kings Court, Sir Samuel’s and The Verandah restaurant.
Queen Victoria — Cafe Carinthia, Golden Lion, Lido restaurant, The Verandah restaurant and Winter Garden.
Queen Elizabeth — Cafe Carinthia, Golden Lion, Lido restaurant, The Verandah restaurant and Garden Lounge.
The shore excursions on Cunard Line are high end experiences consistent with Cunard Line’s emphasis on luxury. For example, when in Venice, how about an after hours exclusive visit to St Mark’s Cathedral or the Doge’s Palace? You won’t just be “first class” on your shore excursion – you’ll be the only class participating.
Cunard Line – Policies
Alcohol Policy – You may bring wine or champagne on board to celebrate special occasions. A corkage fee applies in public areas.
Smoking – Cunard has restricted smoking to Churchill’s Cigar Lounge and designated areas on deck.
Gratuities – automatically added to your final bill.