Carnival Cruise Line – Ships
The Carnival Fleet is the largest of any cruise line. The earliest ships built by Carnival were for 2,000 guests. Through the years they also added on ships for about 3,000 passengers. Starting in 2009, they moved to ships of 3,700 guests with the Dream, Magic and Breeze. With the Vista, Carnival created its first 4,000 passenger ship.
Carnival’s ships all have a similar look and feel. The red, white and blue funnel stack easily sets them apart from their competition. The funnel looks like a whale’s tail.
Carnival Cruise Line – Destinations
Carnival’s Destinations are also distinct from other cruise lines. They concentrate heavily on 2 – 5 day sailings. Carnival starts their cruises in USA ports and often depart from smaller towns on the east or gulf coasts. As a consequence, the Bahamas and the Caribbean are their most common destinations. Carnival also visits Alaska and in 2018 began sailing in the Mediterranean. Carnival’s web site makes it easy to understand which of Carnival’s ships depart from a port near you.
Carnival – Guest Profile
- A high percentage of first time cruisers
- Families and couples are more prevalent than singles
- Ready for non stop games and fun
- Equally distributed between young, middle aged and over 55
Carnival Cruise Line – Amenities Included
- Main Dining Room, Lido Buffet and more than 30 included venues. Just toggle on the Carnival web site between Included and Additional.
- Pizza and soft serve ice cream – available 24 hours a day.
- Complimentary room service.
- Entertainment and Deck Parties.
- Fitness center, pools and waterslides.
- Youth Programs for kids from 2 – 17 years old.
Carnival Cruise Line – Staterooms
Each stateroom is charged a minimum fee of 2 adults. Fees for children are then charged at discounted rates. Carnival Cruise Line offers 4 categories of staterooms: Suite, Verandah, Oceanview and Inside. Suites come with added perks.
Carnival Cruises – Suite Amenities
- VIP check-in
- Priority embarkation and debarkation
- Deluxe bathroom featuring whirlpool tub on many ships
Carnival Cruises – Amenities Not Included
- Airfare, Airport Transfers
- Beverage Program – cocktails, beer, wine by the glass, soda, milkshakes and specialty coffee at a daily rate.
- Bottomless Bubbles – sodas at a daily rate for children and adults.
- Specialty Dining at several restaurants, coffee bars, and milkshake stations.
- Laundry Services – Self-Serve Laundry for a small fee.
- Shore Excursions.
- Spa and Salon Services.
- Photo Packages.
- Babysitting & Camp Night Owls – for children as young as 6 months old.
Carnival Cruise Line – Policies
Smoking – allowed on deck in specifically restricted locations. Passengers can’t smoke in staterooms or on their balconies.
Gratuities – automatically added at the end of the cruise. You can adjust this at your discretion.