Uniworld River Cruises – Intro
Uniworld River Cruises or Uniworld Boutique Cruise Collection is owned by the Travel Corporation. It also owns Trafalgar Tours, Red Carnation Hotels, Insight Vacations and Contiki Tours. The signatures of Uniworld River Crusies are their boutique decor and an emphasis on luxury. The average number of passengers is 130. In 2016 Uniworld removed all beverage charges and added many premium spirits in an effort to increase their profile as a luxury line.
Uniworld River Cruises – Europe
In Europe Uniworld operates on the Danube, Rhine, Main, Moselle, Rhône, Saône, Gironde, Dordogne, Po and Seine Rivers, plus the canals of Belgium and the Netherlands. The ships operating in Europe are:
|Queen Isabel||River Countess||River Duchess|
|River Empress||River Princess||River Queen|
|River Royale||SS Antoinette||SS Beatrice|
|SS Catherine||SS Joie de Vivre||SS Maria Theresa|
Related Blog Post
Uniworld River Cruises – Staterooms
Uniworld proudly promotes the boutique nature of their cruise ships. Nowhere is this more evident than in the staterooms. Travelers who love Uniworld will likely describe the decor as “exquisite”. Others may describe it as “pompous” and may prefer instead to experience the emphasis that Avalon puts on the views from the ship instead of the design of its interior. Features for Uniworld include:
- Beds hand-crafted by Savoir® of England
- Italian marble-lined bathrooms
- Quality linens
- Staterooms approximately 150 – 200 sq ft; Suites approximately 200 – 300 sq ft; Royal Suites approximately 400 sq ft
Uniworld River Cruises – Included Amenities
- All Dining.
- Unlimited Beverages – premium spirits, beer, wine and specialty coffees.
- Shore Excursions.
- Airport Transfers.
- In Suite Butler Service on Europe cruises.
- Fitness Center and Fitness Classes.
- Bicycles and Nordic walking sticks.
- Onboard lectures and entertainment.
- L’Occitane and Hermès bath and body products on Europe cruises.
Uniworld River Cruises – Policies
Alcohol – Uniworld does not currently post a policy for alcohol, but there is no need for one. They include premium spirits at no charge.
Smoking – Smoking is only permitted in designated areas on the sundeck. Smoking is not permitted on motor coaches. Note that European public areas are now smoke free.
Singles Supplement – Supplement is waived on some voyages.