AmaWaterways River Cruises – Intro
AmaWaterways River Cruises (pronounced with a soft “a” as in “mama”) began in 2002 as a family owned business. In 2017 it had 20 ships accommodating 164 passengers on their largest vessels. Most of their ships operate in Europe, but Ama also has ships in Botswana and Cambodia / Vietnam. The AmaCello, AmaDagio, AmaDante, AmaDolce and AmaLyra are basically identical craft accommodating 148 -150 guests. These ships all have water view accommodation. Some newer ships have step out balconies.
AmaWaterways River Cruises – Europe
In Europe Ama operates on the Rhine, Main, Danube, Dordogne, Douro, Garonne, Moselle, Seine and Rhone Rivers. They also maneuver through the canals of the Netherlands and Belgium. The ships operating in Europe are:
AmaWaterways River Cruises – Asia & Africa
AmaWaterways – Guest Profile
- Well traveled, educated and typically 55 plus
- People looking for a historical and cultural experience
- People who love to take coach tours
- Active people who like walking tours and biking
- People who enjoy themed cruises
AmaWaterways River Cruises – Staterooms
Most of the staterooms on our fleet feature not just one, but two private balconies — a French balcony and a full outside balcony. Suite sizes in Europe range from 160 square feet to 350 square feet.
AmaWaterways – Included Amenities
- Gourmet dining with all meals included during your cruise
- Complimentary Wifi in the staterooms
- Complimentary bottled water.
- Complimentary champagne each morning.
- Complimentary local wine and beer with dinner.
- Complimentary shore tours.
- Complimentary bicycles.
- Complimentary tea and coffee available 24 hours a day.
- Specialty coffees, such as espresso and café latte are also available free of charge in the lounges.
- Fitness room
- Hair dryer, safe
AmaWaterways – Policies
Smoking – Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the ships. Smoking is only permitted on the sun deck.
Tipping – Gratuities are not included. Ama provides recommended amounts to tip.
Singles – Single supplement is often offered at 50% of twin price. AmaWaterways has built accommodation for singles into some of its newest ships.